Main page content
The core values of the Department are integrity, discipline, excellence, team work and dedication to work. The department has pursued its teaching and research agenda in recognition of the role of Biochemistry in contributing to both basic and applied research in industry, medicine, agriculture, pharmacy, food technology and biotechnology.
The objective of the course has therefore been to consolidate students' training in biochemistry and other disciplines and encourage them to develop intellectual independence, critical thinking skills and versatility for problem solving in biochemistry and other related courses. This and the core values, have been the guiding principle of the research programmes.
The course is aimed at:
1. Offering the students a good understanding of the basic principles of biochemistry at the molecular and cellular levels, applicable to all living organisms.
2. Making students appreciate that biochemistry is a subject of central and practical importance, contributing to both basic and applied research in industry, medicine, agriculture, pharmacy, food technology, biotechnology, etc.
3. Encouraging students to develop intellectual independence, critical thinking skills and versatility.
The objectives of the course are to:
1. Consolidate the student’s training in Chemistry, Biology and other disciplines, as well as integrate the two to enhance a better understanding of biochemical principles.
2. Develop the practical skills of students to enhance their observational skills and to use these skills for problem solving.
The Head of Department
Prof. (Mrs.) Antonia Y. Tetteh is the Current Head of Department